We Are Hiring:
Title: Certified Medical Assistant
Department: Urgent Care
Shift: Full Time Rotating
Clinic Schedule: Open 365 days a year. Monday - Friday from 8:00am - 6:00pm. Saturday - Sunday from 9:00am - 3:00pm
Location: Ascension Medical Group Sacred Heart
Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug program
Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for healthcare and dependent care
Health Savings Account (HSA)
Long term / Short Term disability
Life Insurance & AD&D
Tuition Assistance after 6 months employment
403b with company match
Paid vacation time off
Faith based work environment
Legal services and much more!
Diversity & Inclusion: We recognize that our workforce should reflect and celebrate the diversity of the communities we serve. We provide a workplace based on respect and inclusion for all associates. Our goal is to appreciate all our associates' differences and similarities, striving to be in tune with subtle elements of diversity such as valuing how our associates may share information, listen and offer advice in various ways based on their backgrounds.
What You Will Do:
Assist with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a provider (Physician or Advanced Practice Provider).
- Assist with treatments ordered by provider as supervised by provider or registered nurse.
- Perform select clinical duties.
- Interview patients, measure vital signs, and record information on patients' charts.
- Prepare treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Perform basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Perform basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies.
- Assist with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- May document the provider's encounter with patients.
- List all proper diagnoses and symptoms, as well as follow-up instructions and prescriptions, as indicated by the provider.
- Transcribe patient orders including, but not limited to, laboratory tests, radiology tests and medications.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date OR job transfer date required. American Heart Association OR American Red Cross accepted.
- Medical Assistant obtained prior to hire date OR job transfer date required.
- High School diploma equivalency OR 1 year of applicable cumulative job specific experience required.
- Note: Required professional licensure/certification can be used in lieu of education OR experience, if applicable.
- 1 year of experience preferred.
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension Sacred Heart is a faith-based health system offering rewarding healthcare careers to the caregivers of Southern Alabama and Northwest Florida communities. When you join our care teams, you join a vast network of hospitals, outpatient health centers, physician offices, rehabilitation centers and more. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities, and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. If you are looking to make an immediate impact in your community, explore a career with us today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Sacred Heart is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.