Purpose of Job
Let's do something that really matters.
We have an important mission: serving the members of the military community and their families. It's both a chance to say thank you and the opportunity to put your talents to work in a meaningful way. To do it right, we need the right people. We're looking for those who share our values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. Because what we do is just as important as how we do it. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
It is all about learning and growing.
Our Insurance Customer Service role may be a new career for you, but the journey is mapped out. There's a lot to learn. Our comprehensive, fully paid three-month training program including class discussions, hands-on training, e-learning modules, and the instructor led guidance will help you to support our membership independently.
Our in-office development program provides the training you need and the encouragement to create a proactive and independent support style to service our membership. After six months in-office, you'll have the opportunity to work in a hybrid model where you can work from home 2-3 days a week.
We are currently seeking dedicated insurance professionals to work in our Phoenix office for future insurance sales and service opportunities in 2022
. Work schedules times will vary and may include some weekends. Military veterans and spouses are highly encouraged to apply.
As an Insurance Sales & Service Representative, you will work within defined guidelines, to provide customer service, sales, and retention activities for multiple USAA's Property & Casualty personal line products. You will interact with our members across multiple contact channels (i.e. inbound and/or outbound phone calls, email, chat, social media, etc.) to provide adequate coverage and advice to help ensure members' financial security. Primary Responsibilities:
- Identifies and handles existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Facilitates the Property & Casualty (P&C) member experience by answering inbound and/or outbound phone calls, emails, and/or other contacts from members.
- Applies proficient knowledge of personal lines insurance to assist members with moderately complex quotes, binding new business, rating, policy, billing, payment, underwriting, contract and coverage provisions, and premium changes for insurance products and services. Responsible for the respective trailing documents for all states and/or international requirements and offerings.
- Identifies, assesses and understands member needs and consistently provides complete and accurate advice and solutions, including products and services. Provides thorough issue diagnosis while minimizing transfers, escalations and call backs.
- Uses the tools and resources available to support members with some assistance.
- Effectively operates in a contact center environment and navigates multiple systems/programs while maintaining an engaging member interaction that occurs across multiple channels.
- Required maintenance of Property & Casualty (P&C) license and state registrations.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 1 year of customer service experience in insurance, financial services and/or relevant direct customer service and/or sales experience
- Successfully acquire Property & Casualty (P&C) license and state registrations before date of hire
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to build rapport with prospective and existing members
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, including navigating through multiple business applications
- Ability to apply knowledge and understanding of insurance regulatory and compliance requirements
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be required
- 1+ years of selling experience to include frequent (e.g., daily) communications with customers via telephone, e-mail and/or face-to face
- Experience in a fast-paced contact center environment
- US military service or military spouse
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The hiring range for this position is: $45,760.00 - $48,260.00.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors. Geographical Differential
: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average. Shift premium:
Addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours. Benefits:
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
To see details on our outstanding benefits, visit USAA Total Rewards.
Relocation assistance is not
available for this position.
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment is required.