Monday - Friday (Days) Exempt/Non-Exempt:
Exempt (Salaried) Department:
Information Technology Schedule:
Full Time (80 hours/2 weeks, 1.0 FTE)SUMMARY:
The Business Solutions Analyst is responsible for supporting the development of new products and enhancements to existing solutions through effectively managing the design, development, piloting, deployment and support of business and clinical information applications and related databases. This position will contribute to the development of new business through the exploration, testing, and piloting of new technologies with close coordination with vendors and internal stakeholders. They will support the advancement of current technologies by working cross-functionally with multiple departments to understand and document requirements, develop workflows, oversee development vendors, support testing, ensure appropriate communication and training occurs for smooth deployments, and ensure the ongoing accuracy and integrity of software systems. The Business Solutions Analyst will foster a culture of Service
and provide general technical support, customer service, and analytical reporting for stakeholders as well as contribute to the continuous improvement of IT (Information Technology) procedures and the SDLC process. This position will be comfortable working with data by designing queries, analyzing and synthesizing data, interpreting and presenting information.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Application Design: Collaborate with the Avel staff to analyze business needs, create proposals, capture requirements, and manage the SDLC.
- Application Improvement: Partner with Avel business development and internal staff to understand business needs to implement new processes or changes in the business applications features, functionality, and processes. Identify, document, and institute operational improvements.
- Application Upgrades: Accountable for overseeing assigned software upgrades, releases, and change control processes. Evaluate requests for system modifications, enhancements, etc., and provide estimates for required resources and budget.
- Analysis: Identify, collect, translate, and interpret data in appropriate formats for effective presentation to internal and external stakeholders.
- Proposal & Solution Selection: Provide leadership on request for proposal development, specifications and requirements capture, proposal evaluation and selection, and implementation of selected strategies for alternative vendor solutions and/or applications.
- Application Integrity: Ensures the data integrity of the applications by collaborating with internal team members and the vendors and contractors. Maintain existing information systems through the development of policies and procedures.
- Application Maintenance: Maintain documentation on processes, policies, application configuration and training related material for users. Assist in the creation of a set of standards of systems analysis and definition for user requirements.
- User Training: Oversee and execute training for users on system functionality and new features.
- Application Integration: Work with internal team members on application integration using APIs and other tools for effective interconnectivity.
- Provide input and expertise to constantly improve the technology lifecycle and evolve best practices.
- A Bachelors degree in a technology or business field or equivalent work experience required.
- 3+ years of hands-on technical experience in a business or systems analyst role required.
- Hands on experience in data collection and analysis preferred.
- Strong working experience within a defined SDLC required.
- Experience in new product development as well as software enhancements strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in a healthcare or clinical setting strongly preferred.