RCIS is currently looking for an experienced Business Development Representative to lead and execute sales strategy, delivering successful sales campaigns and launches, to achieve sales results. This sales professional will manage a territory that will primarily consist of Indiana, Ohio and Michigan.
The successful individual will be adept at using subject matter expertise to address high-level questions and issues in order to deliver on our sales goals and will be expected to interact with managers, customers, and agents.
RCIS provides insurance and superior services through leading agents to protect America's farmers and ranchers. It's been an innovator in crop insurance since the crop insurance business was privatized by the federal government in 1980. Today it's one of the nation's largest crop insurance providers, offering risk management protection in all 50 states through a national network of about 4,000 professionally trained and licensed agents.
- Visits independent agents to market RCIS products and/or services to achieve significant account growth objectives.
- Develops agency business goals, builds agency relationships, participates in area rate reviews and builds/maintains competitive information.
- Responsible for building strong relationships and securing submissions.
- Participates in feedback and coaching sessions with Business Development Manager to improve the productivity and success of distributor visits.
- Continuously works on their development plans and regularly monitors personal progress against those plans.
- Monitors personal critical metrics and goals to include distributor visits, market basket mix, account retention, new account acquisition
- Partners with other sales professionals to identify, share, and reinforce best practices reports.
- Bachelor's Degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Sales area
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in Commercial Insurance Sales area
- Strong knowledge of Crop Insurance
- Ability to plan and execute effective sales strategies
- In depth knowledge of the market participants, practices and products
- Ability to effectively align resources with business opportunity and develop staff
- People Management experience
- Excellent communication skills
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to our COVID-related health and safety protocols ( ), including, without limitation, a requirement that employees attest as to their vaccination status with a YES/NO, and upload proof of vaccination status, or negative COVID test results when allowable, to a third-party vendor. These are continuously re-evaluated and the requirements may change at any time.
A future with Zurich. What can go right when you apply at Zurich?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 150 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers' expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM - Indiana Virtual Office, AM - Michigan Virtual Office, AM - Ohio Virtual Office, AM - Detroit, AM - Grand Rapids
Remote Working: Yes
Schedule: Full Time
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: #LI-LB1