Come be a part of something bigger!
Benchmark | Pyramid is a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn't love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
This position contributes to Hotel Valley Ho success by being prepared to cook and present all menu items as required by the Chef. Also, assuring that your performance is at an advanced culinary level, in order to exceed the expectations of our guests and community. Always approach the job in a clean, organized, professional manner.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Responsible for the preparation, taste and presentation of all menu items.
- Prepare and be set up for success according to distinct levels of business.
- Must be knowledgeable regarding approved and safe food-handling techniques.
- Responsible for compliance with Maricopa County Health Department regulations on assigned station at all times. (i.e.: approved drink containers, utilizing sanitizer, refrigerator temp. etc.).
- Cook and serve all items required by menu, following designated recipes and procedures.
- Break down and thoroughly clean station at the end of preparing a meal and at the end of a shift.
- Avoid waste through the proper preparation and storage of food.
- Check with supervisors as to special projects or instructions.
- May be scheduled to relieve other cooks within the company.
- Take the initiative in maintaining a safe and sanitary working environment.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Chef and/or Sous Chef.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must work well with support departments, to ensure product provided is prepared in a timely and at a high quality standard.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition, and function efficiently in high stress/pressure work environment. Solid interpersonal, organizational, and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work on slippery surfaces.
- Required to stand for long periods of time in one area near hot equipment (ovens, burners, etc.).
- Ability to lift 100 lbs and carry 50 lbs.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Must be responsible, insightful, detail oriented, and self-motivated.
- Must be able to work flexible and long hours.
- Ability to quickly deliver quality product while under pressure.
- Requires extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials.
- Good communication skills, and able to not only manage but motivate people.
- Promote excellent guest relations.
- Maintain a high level of work quality and quantity per resort standards.
- At all times maintain the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and a positive attitude toward all resort guests and fellow co-workers.
What are we looking for?
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.