Binder Operators, starting at $21/hr. plus incentive
Sheridan. Be part of something greater. Your career awaits join us!
LOCATION: Brimfield, OH
Sheridan Ohio (Sheridan OH) was founded in 1985 in Brimfield, OH as The Press of Ohio. We were well known as a high-caliber print provider to the healthcare, education, biotech, and industrial vertical markets. Our reputation for embracing new technologies and developing sophisticated system controls rivaled our obsessive approach to customer care.
To set up, operate and maintain the Perfect Binder while meeting quality and production goals. Other duties include, but not limited to
- Perform all set up operation and maintenance of the Perfect Binder.
- Oversee the work performance and training of assigned crew members.
- Delegate/Assign work duties to assigned crew members.
- Customize orders to specifications/requirements.
- Maintain quality and quantity standards.
- Complete processes related to paperwork and forms.
- May handle hazardous waste as a part of daily job functions.
- Understands and carries out customer's quality requirements.
- Able to meet or exceed expected goals on make-readies, speeds, waste, and efficiencies, etc.
- The ability to operate all tools pertaining to equipment, wrenches, gauges and tape measures, etc.
- Assist with the routine maintenance on equipment and determining when what maintenance is needed.
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Must have good mechanical and organizational skills.
- Must have good verbal and written communication.
- Must have good mathematical skills.
- Must be a team player and possess the ability to lead and direct crew.
- Must be physically able to load bundles from 30 to 100 lbs.
- Excellent attendance, punctuality and dependency is a prerequisite.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Must be proven self-starter to complete projects/work order
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 yearS bindery experience
- Basic small packaging knowledge
- Prolonged periods of standing while setting up and operating equipment
- Continuously bending, twisting, kneeling and squatting
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
Schedule: Modified Shifts: 34.5/46 hours
Fron Half Nights (FHN)
Back Half Nights (BHN)
- FHN: 7pm - 7am: Sunday night, Monday night, Tuesday night and e/o Saturday night
- BHN: 7pm - 7am: Wednesday night, Thursday night, Friday night and e/o Saturday night
- Overtime pays time and a half after working 40 hours within the work week
- Shift premium: $1.00 for working 2 nd shift, 3 rd shift and over night shifts.
Why work for Sheridan?
- Job training
- Career advancement
- College tuition up to $5,250 per year
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Competitive compensation
- Medical (PPO and HSA Plans), Dental, Vision
- Teledoc - convenient and no cost
- Company paid basic life and AD&D insurance
- Voluntary life
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid short term disability
- FSA Health and Dependent Care savings accounts
- HSA Health saving account
- EAP program
CJK Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation to apply for employment, please contact the location HR Manager at 330-677-3369 or .