- Healthy pipeline of upcoming projects through 2026 for a reputable GC
- Promotions available quickly to join an already great leadership team
About Our Client
- Firm with office in heart of Chicago (satellite offices in various Illinois locations)
- Mostly local work, construction projects within the greater Chicago area
- High repeat client rate in light to medium sized commercial work, across corporate interiors, healthcare and education construction.
- Design construction build firm, has their own architecture and design team in-house
- Strong pipeline for both 2022 and already for 2023.
- Excellent team of leaders with a vision to healthily grow the company, won't grow too fast but will add the right pieces as necessary.
- Excellent benefits in place through health, dental and vision insurance, life & disability benefits, 401k match, car benefit and good PTO program.
- Manage day-to-day construction field activities to ensure that project milestone dates and overall schedule completion dates are met.
- Review blueprints, customer needs and contractor submissions in order to execute appropriate bids.
- Lead team with construction project planning and developing site logistics.
- Monitor job subcontractors to ensure quality workmanship and safety guidelines are met.
- Utilize good time management to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Keep construction daily and weekly work logs.
- Coordinate and supervise all construction activities.
- Work directly with job investors at times and maintain a professional and client facing attitude.
- Ensure proper signage is posted on the construction job site, and safety requirements are met.
- Review bids for work, as well as supervising the inspection of work.
- Schedule on-site inspections as needed along the jobs site.
- Maintain as strong a relationship as possible with local municipalities for potential future business.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Proven ability to deliver construction projects on time and on budget.
- Must be able to work in a multiple-project construction environment.
- Ability to read and understand plans.
- Technical understanding of residential construction including building codes, trade sequencing, and best building practices.
- Capable of problem solving and experience with complex detailed projects.
- Work with subcontractors, suppliers, utilities, city inspectors, organize and direct activities concerned with their construction projects.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures, performance, and quality standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications.
- Monitor and control project through managing the construction schedule and directing subcontractors and suppliers to ensure project is completed on schedule and within budget.
- Investigate potentially serious situations, anticipate project delays, monitor job site safety, and implement corrective measures.
What's on Offer
- Base salary ranging from $75,000-$90,000 (based heavily on experience)
- Individual Performance Bonuses.
- Company Performance Bonuses.
- Health Insurance.
- Dental Insurance.
- Vision Insurance.
- Life & Disability coverage.
- 3+ weeks of PTO.
- Maternal and Parental Leave.
- Black and white career development, totally flexible hours and a close mentoring program has created a pleasant, professional, entrepreneurial working environment.
- Diverse leadership team.
- Large firm with a family feel.
- Flexible working hours and a close mentoring program.