Assistant Production Manager-R&D Focus Longford Full Time €30,000 rising subject to review
Our client is a family-owned company that was established in 1986 and is currently in its 36th year in business.
It is a specialist designer and manufacturer of products for the wastewater & surface water treatment markets and provides prefabricated products of superior design, & quality. BMS places particular emphasis on producing package (all in one) products that are delivered ready to go using only parts and techniques of world-renowned quality.
As an Assistant Production Manager, you will be a highly-motivated recent graduate under the Enterprise Ireland Gradstart Programme.
Ideally, you will have qualified in Industrial Engineering, Automation or a related discipline. The post is for an initial 1 year period, with the potential to move to a permanent position thereafter.
You will report to the Production Manager who will also act as a mentor.
What can you expect in return?
- The opportunity to join a well-established innovative company
- Become part of a fantastic team
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Regular hours with no weekends
- Pension, Income Protection, Life Assurance.
Are you the right person for the job?
- All applicants must be a EU/UK National or have the permit/visa to work in the EU
- Be organised, methodical, numerical, and able to multi-task
- Be solution orientated, highly motivated and adaptable.
- Have excellent time management and organisational skills
- Have excellent team working and communication skills.
- Have a recent third-level qualification this is likely to be in the Industrial industry
- Engineering/Automation/Mechanical Engineering/IT, graduating to level six within the last 4 years
- Have Good IT skills - Microsoft Suite; and a recognised financial management/reporting system
What will your role as an Assistant Production Manager look like?
- The APM will primarily focus on managing the BMS R&D programme which covers new product and process developments. It will also involve analysing options for improved production methods and materials with a view to significant improvements in production efficiency.
- The APM will assist the Production Manager on the operation, implementation, fine-tuning and data processing of the bespoke Ordu production operating system. The main function of this system is to accurately capture all production activity, in real time and generate accurate labour input and materials for each Manufacturing Order (MO).
- You will assist the Production Manager in fulfilling all their general responsibilities
What s next? It s easy! Click APPLY now! We can t wait to hear from you!