The Jacquard Hotel & Rooftop
The purpose of the ASSISTANT GUEST SERVICES MANAGER is to consistently deliver results that contribute to overall success of the hotel and the department by accomplishing performance objectives linked to revenues, business effectiveness and efficiencies and delivering exemplary customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Works with the hotel Guest Service Manager, Assistant General Manager and General Manager to achieve and exceed guest satisfaction scores in all areas of the hotel.
• Responsible for satisfaction scores for the front desk operations. Addresses any deficiencies in the area immediately.
• Works with the corporate training department to develop action plans as necessary to achieve expected guest satisfaction scores.
• Effectively trains guest service agents on proper front desk procedures.
• May prepare weekly schedules for front office staff.
• Address performance deficiencies of front office staff through coaching and disciplinary actions.
• May be responsible for posting weekly guest satisfaction scores for hotel associates to see and review.
• Ensures guest service agents are in compliance with clean, neat uniforms and name badges.
• Required reports are timely and of a quality that can be shared with corporate.
• Work directly with the Guest Service Manager and Assistant General Manager to ensure rates are accurate and monitored daily.
• Is proficient at managing inventory in the property management system.
• Frequently reviews work generated by the night auditor.
• Maintains regular attendance and is consistently on time.
• Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
• Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies not listed may be required for specific positions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Associate demonstrates ORGANIZATIONAL SUPPORT
• Observes and adheres to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
• Ensures new hires complete new hire orientation.
Associate demonstrates INITIATIVE
• Seeks out new assignments and assumes additional duties when necessary.
• Able to reach effective solutions, poses good questions, consults helpful resources, and does not stop at the first answer he/she comes across.
Associate demonstrates exemplary DEPENDABILITY / RELIABILITY
• Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow up.
• Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Associate demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance
• Takes ownership of all work performed and communicated.
• Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY standards
• Organizes resources, performs tasks, and coordinates with other functions to most effectively and efficiently perform work responsibilities and accomplish objectives on a timely basis.
• Assists department in exceeding productivity standards.
Associate demonstrates effective PROBLEM SOLVING
• Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, using intuition and experience to complement data.
• Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Associate demonstrates WORKPLACE RESPECT to all associates
• Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy and promotes a harassment-free environment.
• Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
• Able to build morale and group commitments to achieve goals and objectives.
Associate demonstrates effective ORAL /WRITTEN COMMUNICATION
• Practices attentive and active listening with all employees.
• Listens without interruption and gets clarification.
• Actively participates in meetings, contributing ideas to improve the company.
Associate demonstrates excellent CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
• Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
• Personally demonstrates a commitment to customer service by anticipating and responding promptly to guest needs.
Associate demonstrates effective FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT skills
• Monitors and controls labor costs.
• Seeks approval for overtime, if required.
Associate effectively MANAGES PEOPLE
• Provides regular performance feedback and proactively addresses performance concerns of staff.
• Develops staff so that successful customer service scores are achieved.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
• Ability to interpret and perform basic computer functions. Knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Position has supervisory responsibilities of front office staff.
The work environment normally entails the following:
• Indoor work environment
• Minimal to moderate noise levels consistent with hotel environment
During the course of performing the physical demands of this position, associates are expected to observe and adhere to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
The physical activity normally entails the following attributes.
Position is expected to:
• Stand more than 2/3 of the time
• Walk less than 1/3 of the time
• Sit less than 1/3 of the time
• Lift up to 15 lbs less than 1/3 of the time.
• Push / pull up to 15 pounds.
Our company does not discriminate against its associates or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-associate relationships, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, compensation, benefits, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. Every reasonable accommodation will be made for disabled associates.
Resumes and applications for employment will be evaluated on the basis of qualifications to meet the requirements of the position and ability to perform the requirements of the position.