Job Title: Assembler
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you're innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About the position:
We're looking for an Assembler to builds and/or assembles low mix/high volume sub-assembly components from diagrams. You will:
- Operates hand and power tools for mechanical, hydraulic and/or electronic assembly.
- Receives required parts and follows step by step diagrams and/or work instructions in order to assemble and/or reassemble low mix/high volume sub-assembly components.
- Visually inspects own work prior to next operation. Makes adjustments as necessary.
- Uses computer to ensure inventories of required supplies are kept at appropriate levels. Notifies supervisor of shortages.
- Stacks and/or moves work following material handling and safety procedures. May use overhead cranes/hoists and lift trucks to move heavy materials.
- Supports the Company's 5S program in an effort to maintain work area, equipment and supplies in a neat, organized manner.
- May be required to teardown, clean, repair, rebuild, and reassemble previously built assemblies.
- Performs related work as assigned.
About the schedule:
This position is 1st shift.
About the work environment:
Works in a factory setting. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in accordance with Company policy. For forklift operation, required to obtain and maintain Forklift Driver Certification through the Company and operate the forklift in a safe manner. Required to stand for long periods of time and manually lift/move/manipulate parts up to 50 pounds or use cranes/hoists to move heavier materials. Temperatures may be extreme; elevated in the summer, cold in the winter. Needs to be able to cope with stressors and demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable and defined levels of performance are maintained.
- A High School Diploma or GED is preferred.
- This is an entry-level position; no previous experience is required. However, at least three or more months of manufacturing related experience is preferred.
It would be great if you had:
- Previous experience in a manufacturing setting
- Previous electrical assembly experience
About the total compensation package:
Salary - The salary for this position is $13.00 per hour and up; based on experience.