Are you looking for an exciting career with a nationally known company and industry leader? AmeriGas Propane, the largest distributor of propane in the United States, is searching for an energetic and customer service oriented person to join us as aDelivery Representative
At AmeriGas, our employees are the keys to our success and we are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, in addition to excellent starting pay:
• Exceptional medical, dental and prescription benefits
• 401(K) with company match
• Generous bonus potential
• Paid time off (including holidays)
• Paid Training
• Annual performance reviews and salary increases
• Propane discounts
• Career advancement
• Tuition reimbursementJob Summary:
At AmeriGas, Delivery Representatives are a key point of contact for our customers. They are relied upon to provide excellent customer service at each interaction. They drive propane delivery trucks -"bobtails"- and fill tanks with propane for local residential and industrial customers. They are dedicated and responsible with a passion for safety and are careful to follow state codes and regulations as well as company procedures. Delivery representatives enjoy working outdoors and understand the importance of wearing the required personal protective equipment.Education and Experience:
• At least 21 years old with a valid Commercial Driver's License. Hazmat and tanker endorsements are preferred. Note: Hazmat and tanker endorsements will be required to perform the job and if not held already, must be obtained soon after hire and prior to driving an AmeriGas vehicle.
• Willingness to work outdoors in all weather and driving conditions
• Lifting, pushing, pulling, bending and climbing in and out of the truck
AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected class in its practices.
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be willing to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check. Successful applicants shall be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, and if hired, shall be subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with AmeriGas policies. As a federal contractor that engages in safety-sensitive work, AmeriGas cannot permit employees in certain positions to use medical marijuana, even if prescribed by an authorized physician. Similarly, applicants for such positions who are actively using medical marijuana may be denied hire on that basis.